Thursday, December 3, 2009

Meal Planning

So it's come to my attention just how much we've been spending on groceries. I won't say, but just know it's a ridiculous amount! With Christmas coming up we really need to cut down on the spending. So no more $5 peanut butter...no matter how good it is! I've also decided to meal plan and stick to it. I'm hoping that by buying things we know we need instead of willy nilly buying and then going back for the things we need...it will save some moolah.
So here is what I have as far as meals so far. Let me just say that this would have been easier if I weren't avoiding soy products!

-Spaghetti w/ garlic bread and salad
-White bean and kale soup w/ french bread
-Veggie Chili w/ french bread
-Barbecue Seitan w/ fries and corn
-Chili Mac /w some sort of side
-Cauliflower Mushroom Marranca
-Veggie cabbage rolls w/ side of green beans
-Mexican Lasagna w/ rice
-Veg French bread pizza w/ side of asparagus
-Veg Tacos w/ mexican rice
-Veg "Field roast" with mashes potatoes and corn

So that's what I've got so far!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmmm most of those sound really good! I might just have to try some of them :)

happileah said...

YUM!! meal planning really does make a difference in budget. It's also helpful to know what we're having for dinner ahead of time instead of stressing out when it's time to cook.

Anonymous said...

Recipes, please please???

Shannon Ryan said...

I love the montly planning we do.. saves tons at the grocery store!! Now if only i'd get some time to go shopping, it's been too long! haha

Veg said...

Yum, can I come for dinner :-)

I'm soooo bad at meal planning. Maybe I'll learn something by checking in here.

Ruth Chowdhury said...

Funny you should post this now. I just did my first time EVER meal planning for a month (Dec. 4-Jan. 5). It took a LOT of time, but we went shopping today & I spent SO MUCH less than I would have if I went the 2-3 times/month I usually go. So much worth the time. Now I just have to buy produce & milk later on in the month. Yippee!

Melissa said...

Amy, I'll post the recipes and links I make them.:)